background

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mason Jar Caprese Pasta Salad

Anything with basil, tomato and mozzarella has my name written all over it. (must be the Italian in me)

So, when thinking of lunch options, I knew I had to do something caprese!

Adding pasta was the perfect solution to making 3 ingredients into a satisfying, filling meal!




You Will Need:
1 Tbs Olive Oil
2 Tbs Balsamic Vinegarette
Salt/Pepper
1 Cup Grape Tomatoes
1/4 Cup Cubed Mozzarella
1 Cup Penne Pasta
Large Handful of Basil

One Step!
Layer all ingredients in order provided above. That's it!


This salad is so incredibly delicious! I love that it can be put together ahead of time and will stay fresh for day when stored in a mason jar. And because all the liquids are on bottom the basil doesn't get wilted and the mozzarella doesn't get gooey. When you're ready to eat it, all you have to do is shake the jar and  you're good to go! This is by far my new favorite grab and go lunch!



No comments:

Post a Comment