background

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Living For Today


Lately, I've been trying to live my life differently. 

It's so cliche to say, but life really is short. 
We don't know how long we have here 
and we don't know when those we love will leave us. 


I'm trying to enjoy the present, 
rather than dwelling on the past and worrying about the future. 

I'm trying to see the positive in every situation 
and appreciate all the blessings I have in my life, no matter how small.


I'm trying to trust in what God's plan is for my life, 
even if it doesn't always turn out exactly as I had hoped.


I'm trying to find the good things in every day, no matter how mundane.


I'm trying to remember that the current stresses in my life will eventually pass and they aren't permanent. 
I'm trying to explore new things and expand my horizons. 


I'm trying to nurture old friendships and grow new ones.



I heard a quote on the radio today. It went something like, "Instead of always trying to prove yourself, try to improve yourself."

What about you? What are you doing to try to improve yourself?





No comments:

Post a Comment