background

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Mini Chicken Pies

I love absolutely anything that's comfort food. And these definitely fit the bill.

I decided to try this recipe last fall and we fell in love with it!

They remind me of little chicken pot pies laced with cheese. What could be better!?

The greatest part is that they freeze really well so the leftovers make a great meal for later on. My husband will sometimes take a couple of these out of the freezer to have for breakfast too. (he eats weird things sometimes!)

This recipe is super easy to make and anybody could do it. Half an hour to prepare, (or 3 if you do shredded chicken my way) half an hour to bake and voila! Mini Chicken Pies!

What You Will Need:

3 Large Chicken Breasts, Shredded
2 Cups Mixed Veggies
2 Cups Shredded Cheese
Salt
Pepper
Garlic

1 1/2 Cups Bisquick
1 1/2 Cups Milk
3 Eggs

1 Cup Cheese


Step One: Prepare your shredded chicken. I like to do mine in the slow cooker so the meat is juicy and tender.  All I do is put the chicken in the slow cooker, add a can of chicken broth and let it cook on low for 2-3 hours. Once it's cooked I let it cool for a minute then break it up with two forks. This is the only way I do shredded chicken and I swear it's amazing!


Step Two: Add the veggies and cheese. Season to your liking.


Step Three: Prepare the Bisquick Mix. (I also turn the oven to 375 at this point to preheat)

Step Four: Grease your muffin/cupcake tins. Add 1 tsp of Bisquick to the bottom of each.


Step Five: Add filling to each cup. I'm not a very technical cooker, so I just use about half a handful per cup. I don't pack it in too thick though because I want the Bisquick to get in between the filling.


Step Six: Add approx 2 tbsp Bisquick to the top of each cup.


Step Seven: Sprinkle Cheese on top of each cup. Bake for 25-30 min or until golden.


I love these mini chicken pies! (or meat muffins as they were recently called! hahaha) They come out super moist and flavorful! I love how convenient they are too... you don't even have to use a fork if you don't want to! Now go get cookin!



No comments:

Post a Comment