background

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chalkboard Blessing

I saw this beautiful free printable on Shanty 2 Chic and fell in love with it! I immediately decided to borrow the design for my front entryway chalkboard. (well, we go in from the back door, so technically the back entryway?)


This chalkboard was one of my absolute favorite wedding gifts we received. Our friends are restoring their 1930s home and they made it using one of their home's original windows! Such a neat gift and so personal! 


Let me say though, I am in no way an artist and have always struggled with anything drawing, painting, handwriting, etc related. This took me absolutely forever and had lots of re-dos involved! After cursing at myself for half an hour, this is how it turned out! While I still believe the original is much more beautiful, I was pretty pleased with mine! (especially for a novice)


Here's a look at it on the wall!






No comments:

Post a Comment