background

Thursday, July 11, 2013

7-Up Biscuits

I've been seeing recipes for 7-Up Biscuits all over Pinterest for awhile now.

One night while deciding what to make for dinner I realized that I had all the ingredients on hand to finally try this bizarre seeming recipe. AND they would be perfect with the salmon I was making!

I typically double most recipes, but this one seemed as if it might not work, so I kept the original measurements. I mean, how could biscuits bake properly with pop and sour cream?!

Well, let me tell you, they bake just fine... More than fine.. More like amazing...
More like, eat the whole pan good!



You Will Need:
2 Cups Bisquick
(plus more for patting out)
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup 7-Up
1/4 Cup Butter, Melted

Step One: Preheat oven to 450 and add your Bisquick to a mixing bowl.


Step Two: Slowly add sour cream. Fold in with fork as you go.


Step Three: Slowly add 7-Up. Continue folding. Fair warning, dough will be very sticky!


Step Four: Add melted butter to the bottom of your 9x9 square pan.


Step Five: Sprinkle Bisquick on a flat surface to pat our your dough. Prepare yourself for frustration.

Step Six: Roll out the stickiest dough you will ever encounter. Be sure to flour your hands first! And even if you do you will be a sticky mess like me.


Step Seven: Cut your biscuits into squares. I used the bottom of a tupperware as a template. You know, cuz that's the proper tool to use in this situation.... Or maybe a biscuit cutter if you're fancy like that. Whatever.


Step Eight: Arrange biscuits on top of your buttered pan. 


Step Nine: Bake 12-17 minutes depending on your oven. Mine were perfect at14 minutes.


Step Ten: ENJOY. And try not to eat half the pan before your husband even gets to them. Not that I did that or anything...


I could not believe how good these were! I was worried they'd be sweet or lemony from the 7-Up, but not at all! They were perfect!





No comments:

Post a Comment