Saturday, June 15, 2013

Kauai: Day One

Let me start off by saying: KAUAI WAS AMAZING!!!

Because it was so amazing and we did so many things, I decided to devote a post to each day we were there! So, bear with me, 7 picture heavy posts are comin' your way! 

(I'm not posting about the 8th day because all we did was go out to breakfast then head to return the rental car and fly home.)

Our flight left Seattle at 9:50am and 6 loooong hours later we arrived in Lihue, Kauai at about 12:55pm.. Say what?! I totally forget we were gaining 3 hours! Score!

Luckily, we were able to check into Kauai Beach Resort early. Once our jaws hit the floor at the $14.95 per day parking fee and John dropped the F bomb, the receptionist politely offered to drop it down to $10 per day. (and when we checked out it was dropped to only $7 per day! YAY) 

AND She gave us a voucher for a free bottle of champagne at one of the resort restaurants with a coupon for a meal. (too bad neither of us drink... still a sweet gesture though!)

We were on the second floor and had a great view of one of the pools! I should have taken a better picture because it was so neat! There were waterfalls, a cave and two hot tubs that had small waterfalls going into them!

(Here's a picture I borrowed from the website)

After unpacking real quick we walked down the beach in front of our hotel. Neither of us had been to Hawaii so we were super excited to see the beach! Pictures do not do it justice! The water was so clear and turquoise looking! (I wish I had upgraded to a more expensive camera prior to the trip.)

After taking it all in, John had to drag me away to head to Wal-Mart... We picked up some groceries and were happy that things weren't as overpriced as we expected. (but, there's no way in hell we could afford to eat out for 3 meals a day for a week there, hence the groceries.)

After dropping everything off real quick we headed down to see Kalapaki Beach and Nawiliwili Beach, which were about 10 or so minutes from our hotel.

Unfortunately, this little excursion was cut short! We were sitting up at the top of the beach, plenty far from the shore and a HUGE wave came up and washed all the way up to us! We were soaked, including my camera, phone, towels and everything else. Needless to say, I was in a foul mood when my camera wouldn't turn on. 

So, that's the end of pictures from day one. =(

There is a happy ending to this story though!
I let everything dry out overnight and all worked good as new the next day! =)
 Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment